The National Children's Oral Health Foundation (NCOHF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in Charlotte, NC with a mission to eliminate childhood tooth decay and promote overall health and well-being for millions of children from vulnerable populations. Dedicated to reversing the cycle of this silent epidemic and its impact on families in our nation, NCOHF unites dental and allied health professionals, educators, corporate executives and employees, civic leaders, and caring individuals through innovative programs that raise awareness of the importance of oral health, increase access to care, promote good health habits and preventive strategies. NCOHF is seeking three interns:
- Marketing & Communications Intern: Assists in all aspects of Marketing Department operations, including support, development and distribution of marketing and communications materials. Ideal internship candidate will be creative, highly motivated, flexible, skilled at adapting to changing priorities and possess strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Social Marketing Intern: Assists in all aspects of online/social media communications. Ideal internship candidate will be creative, highly motivated, flexible, skilled at adapting to changing priorities and possess strong communications, time management and interpersonal skills. Opportunity to work with recognized national social marketing firm.
- General responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Writing effective social media/marketing communications (blogs, Tweets, Facebook)
- Monitoring Facebook page insights and activity
- Crafting a positive social media presence for America’s ToothFairy and managing social communities
- Identifying social media outlets and opportunities to attract public support
- Managing multiple social media outlets to create consistent brand identity, build awareness and brand loyalty
- Creating social media content
- Special Events & Promotions Intern: Assist Program Administrator with all aspects related to planning and execution of upcoming Oral Health Zone Summit in Charlotte, NC. General responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate VIP guest list and invitation process, including all follow up
- Coordinate logistics, including all travel arrangements for out-of-town VIPs
- Work with local travel agency to ensure accuracy of reservations, etc.
- Work with local hotel to ensure all accommodation details are in place
The Nolimit Larry Marketing Team is seeking (3) three content writers who are public relations, marketing, communications and creative writing students. Students will be interns writing for the region’s #1 radio personality, Nolimit Larry. Writing will be posted on Nolimit’s Larry new website and will consist of
- Charlotte Night Life
- Upcoming and Major events in the Carolina’s
- Carolina News
Build your portfolio with published writing samples and be a part of an established brand that reaches millions daily!Applying students MUST:
1. Be able to submit at least two short stories per week (approx. half page).
2. Be knowledgeable of the following: AP style writing, Microsoft Word, Email, Twitter posting capabilities and Facebook posting capabilities.
3. Have an email address, access to a computer, a Twitter account and a Facebook account.
4. Select topics they are knowledgeable about and apply for those ONLY.
5. Submit TWO (2) writing samples.
Public relations/research internship
Loeffler Ketchum Mountjoy
Full Service Advertising Agency: Two internship positions
Plan and execute public relations tactics including press releases, managing media correspondence and planning events. Excellent computer skills (Mac preferred) including database development. Ability to develop strong working relationships with clients, media and fellow team members. Excellent news and feature writing skills along with information gathering skills and knowledge of AP style.
Intern will develop ads, flyers, mailings and various promotional materials; write press releases; work with editors; build relationships with area businesses and send emails to prospective students. Intern must have a positive attitude and and an entrepreneurial spirit. An interest in music is a bonus!